Last night up I caught up with my sister (Mel) and her boyfriend (Jarrah). We chatted about a lot of things, what they are up to, what I'm up to, what our plans are for the next short while, life aspirations, etc.
After a while I came across the realisation that I had been getting bored recently and how I didn't really know what I wanted to do with my life. Jarrah came up with a brilliant proposal. He suggested that i should just try and do something new every day. Not necessarily something huge, just something different to the day before. It could even be something as small as taking a route to work or uni that I've never taken before.
Hopefully this will lead to increasing levels of innovation in my search for "new" tasks...
In short I'm going to try and trick myself into exploring more, something that I've wanted to do for a while.
I liked this idea. I liked it a lot...
...so i started slow.
I've been struggling to do my study for uni at the moment.
I'm behind in assignments and general study and I really need to get back on track. Studying at home is sucking a little bit of life out of me and I'm finding it difficult to be productive in such a familiar setting so I decided to try something different.
Not very exciting, I just went down to my local library and studied there instead but I got stuff done.
This is a good feeling for me. I feel like I have found a way to manage my problems with procrastination. I want to keep doing new things and finding out if it leads me in new and interesting directions.
I don't know how often I will be updating this (knowing me it will not be everyday) but I'm going to see if I can keep this cognitive expansion trucking...
P.S. How many times have I restarted this blog?
P.P.S. If anyone actually reads this, feel free to offer suggestions of things for me to try that may be a little more exciting than going to a library.....
hmmmm. when i come up with ideas i'll text you!
ReplyDeletethanks my dear :-D
ReplyDelete