So this whole doing-new-things thing is kinda tough at the moment. I'm struggling a little bit to think of new things to do to be honest.
I have a couple of ideas but they require a bit more time than I have at the moment, what with study and all...
(but nick you have time to blog....?)
So instead I decided to start small.
I've never taken a camera out with me when going drinking.
Up until I got a big fancy camera to play with, I was never the person with a million photos on facebook.
Now I have lots of photos from friends parties and such but none of just my everyday life.
This is what I will change.
Unfortunately I have just been disconnected from the big fancy camera that I was using but did not own and am waiting patiently for one of my own to be delivered.
I have also realised that big fancy cameras are not the best thing to take out with you to a licensed venue because you look like a bit of a twat. Last night when I went out for a friend's going away drinks I decided that I would take a small point and shoot camera instead.
I still felt kinda odd waving a camera around within a licensed venue so instead restricted my usage to outside.
This was on the ground:

Up until last night I had never pretended to be gay to get out of being hit on by a girl.
Ideally the conversation would have gone like this:
Girl: "Hi do either of you have a cigarette?"
Us: "No"
Girl starts small talk, obviously interested
Charlie brings up the "fact" that we are gay very smartly
Girl: "oh"
Exit Girl
It doesn't work as cleanly as that. I think that once she had found out that she wasn't going to get anywhere (though not for the reasons that we provided her) she didn't want to just up and leave because she would have felt that it was rude and that we would have thought of her as homophobic. This meant she stayed chatting to us for at least 45 minutes about how hard it must be to be gay in this society and how it still hasn't become completely accepted, etc.
Charlie and I didn't break character once.
She never suspected a thing
We'd like to thank our parents, friends and the academy.
Sorry Clare Barnes but I'm not going to find you on facebook like I promised.

No comments:
Post a Comment